28 February 2021
Following the Government’s announcement on Saturday evening of Auckland moving back into Alert Level III, we have worked through the implementation and update on our previously implemented Alert Level III protocols last introduced earlier in February 2021.
Under Alert Level III, we are able to continue to undertake work operations provided we comply with relevant Health and Safety protocols. At each lock down stage, AB Electrical has adopted all protocols defined by the Government, Master Electricians and Worksafe.
The key message we want to communicate to our customers is:
- We are able to undertake your work for you under Alert Level III conditions and protocols.
- We fully respect our customers position, and if customers would prefer to delay work, we are perfectly fine with this.
- We will comply with all guidelines defined by the Government.
- We will comply with all guidelines defined by Worksafe and Master Electricians
We fully appreciate the Government may have heightened the levels of anxiety within the community and we want to ensure all our customers are comfortable to proceed with scheduled work, alternatively to delay the work.
Our revised internal guidelines and policies implemented today with the AB Electrical team supplement our existing Health and Safety Policy. This is a revision of our previous Alert Level III Policy.
We want to ensure our customers are comfortable that they can engage with the AB Electrical team in a safe environment, knowing that our team are operating under a specific policy and guidelines designed to protect our customers and our team members.
We have always had a policy which requests a team member to stay away from work when they are not well, and we are taking the opportunity to emphasise the criticality of this obligation to our team.
Our Commitment to our Customers
- AB Electrical will maintain a strict policy for our team around COVID-19 aligned to Government guidelines, relevant industry bodies and worksafe.
- AB Electrical will regularly review our policy and adjust this policy should we feel there are changes required given any developments of the COVID-19 position in NZ.
- We will communicate with you should we have a position within our business that reflects a deteriorating position amongst our team, so you are kept informed.
- We will endeavour to ensure our team are compliant with our policy and guidelines.
- AB Electrical will review all updates and recommendations from the Ministry of Health.
- We welcome input and feedback from our customers on our policy and guidelines.
Our Request of our Customers
- We request that our customers immediately advise AB Electrical if any of the following are apply:
- Any residents/staff who have come out of Managed Isolation facilities in the last 21 days
- Any residents/staff have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Any residents/staff have been identified as having been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If there is anyone in the home/workplace that has any flu/COVID-19 symptoms
- You advise AB Electrical if there are any policies or guidelines that you are implementing or want us to follow, to provide added protection to your family or workplace.
AB Electrical Policy & Guidelines for AB Electrical Employees
Outlined below are the broad amended points covered in our employee policy for Health and Safety under Alert Level III being implemented on 01 March 2021.
- If you are not well or have the symptoms of a virus, do not come to work. Please call Healthline and follow their directions and advice.
- If you knowingly come in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, you are to advise AB Electrical management immediately.
- We are adopting a heightened obligation around practicing good hygiene, including regularly washing/sanitising hands, and practicing good cough etiquette.
- Physical distancing of 2.0m wherever practical with pro-active communication to customers around these
- Face masks are to be worn where
- We have deployed hand sanitiser, water and wet wipes so team members have an ability to regularly cleanse their hands and surfaces.
AB Electrical takes the view that adopting a cautious and pragmatic approach facilitates an environment where AB Electrical can continue to deliver you quality electrical services in a safe manner.
We appreciate the situation is fluid and the situation can change quickly.
We welcome the opportunity to share information and thinking around how we best serve our teams in ensuring any risk from COVID-19 is minimised and managed for all stakeholders.
Our revised Alert Level III Health & Safety Policy is attached
Howard Lewis Director
AB Electrical Holdings Ltd
Ph 0800 688 244
Ph 0275 667 626