We are conscious of the global developments around the coronavirus (COVID19) and in particular the heavy media profile surrounding related events in New Zealand.
This has resulted in higher levels of anxiety within the community and increased attention for individual personal health.
As a highly contagious virus, there is an element of risk around workplaces and a heightened responsibility on staff and employers.
We take this opportunity to outline to our customers the guidelines and policies we have implemented with the AB Electrical team, over and above our existing Health and Safety Policy.
AB Electrical has taken steps to increase our existing commitment to ensure our team are working in a safe work environment. With the developments and concerns around coronavirus, we are being pro-active with some specific changes to better accommodate the current environment.
We also want to ensure our customers are comfortable that they can engage with the AB Electrical team in a safe environment, knowing that our team are operating under a specific policy and guidelines designed to protect both our team members and our customers.
We are also conscious that at this time of year, people are more susceptible to virus infections, many of which have very similar symptoms to coronavirus. The most obvious virus in this category is the flu.
While we have always had a policy which requests a team member to stay away from work when they are not well, and we are taking the opportunity to emphasise the criticality of this provision, as we appreciate customers and other team members may potentially become anxious over any illness at this time.
AB Electrical Policy & Guidelines
Here are the broad amended points covered in our policy for Health and Safety implemented on Wednesday 11 March 2020.
- If you are not well or have the symptoms of a virus, do not come to work, but take time off to rest and recover.
- If you knowingly come in contact with anyone who has recently travelled from one of the ‘hot spot’ COVID19 infected countries, you are to advise AB Electrical management.
- If you knowingly come in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID19, you are to advise AB Electrical management.
- Heightened obligation around practicing good hygiene, including regularly washing/sanitising hands and practicing good cough etiquette.
- We have deployed hand sanitiser to most AB Electrical vans and our office, although commercial supply is currently limited.
- We have also equipped all our vans with wet wipes so team members have an ability to regularly cleanse their hands if they have no access to hand sanitiser.
Our Commitment to our Customers
- AB Electrical will maintain a policy for our team and customers around COVID19 until we consider this is no longer required.
- AB Electrical will regularly review our policy and adjust this policy should we feel there are changes required given any developments of the COVID19 position in NZ.
- We will communicate with you should we have a position within our business that reflects a deteriorating position amongst our team, so you are kept informed.
- We will endeavour to ensure our team are compliant with our policy and guidelines.
- AB Electrical will review all updates from the Ministry of Health and consider recommendations provided by the Ministry.
- We welcome input and feedback from our customers on our policy and guidelines.
Our Request of our Customers
- We request that our customers immediately advise AB Electrical if any of the following are apply:
- Any residents/staff have recently returned from COVID19 ‘hot spot’ countries.
- Any residents/staff have been diagnosed with COVID19.
- Any residents/staff have been identified as having been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID19.
- You communicate with AB Electrical if there are any policies or guidelines that you are implementing to provide added protection to your team or suppliers in dealing with COVID19 threats.
AB Electrical takes the view that taking a cautious and pragmatic approach facilitates an environment where AB Electrical can continue to deliver you services. We appreciate the situation is fluid and the situation can change.
We welcome the opportunity to share information and thinking around how we best serve our teams in ensuring any risk from COVID19 is minimised and managed for all stakeholders.
AB Electrical Holdings Ltd
Ph 0800 688 244
Ph 0275 667 626
Health and Saftey Policy Coronavirus – March 2020